Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an innovative method to seamlessly bridge communication within the Architecture, Engineering and Construction communities. Our engineers offer an expertise with Building Information Modeling (BIM) software that is truly second to none, allowing us to make smart choices for our clients and for the environment. We are always improving our capacity to design truly innovative, sustainable systems.
The term BIM means different things to different firms. We at UES think the emphasis needs to be placed on the “I” in “BIM” – Information. That information can be graphical or non-graphical and contained directly in the building model or accessible through linked data stored elsewhere. The ability to integrate the design and engineering process through information contained on the documents is what separates BIM from just another drawing tool.
Specifically, UES has integrated the following into our BIM process:
- 3-D modeling of MEP systems using latest software tools.
- Integration of the 3-D MEP model with architecture and structural components to address conflict resolution.
- Material takeoff & fabrication drawings are generated along with detailed drawing of components and structures included in our design. structural analysis, energy analysis
- Use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Modeling with the 3-D design model to calculate air movement, temperatures, humidity levels and particulate migration and tracing both inside and outside the building.
- Use of component and equipment attributes to allow for product schedule development, cost estimating and linking with shop drawing review/O&M manuals.
- Further, structural and energy analysis can be done.
- Importing documents to contractors for development of 3-D coordination drawings.
- Develop 3-D PDF models for architectural coordination and collaboration.
- Producing final renderings of the facility with interior finish.
Our engineers offer an expertise with Building Information Modeling (BIM) software that is truly second to none, allowing us to make smart choices for our clients and for the environment. We are always improving our capacity to design truly innovative, sustainable systems. We provide you with a complete simulation of the actual system under operating conditions while we are in the planning phase.